Date Added: Mar 26, 2010 Italian Hors d' oeuvre
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Ricotta fritters are a great hor d' eouvre. Deep fried and crunchy on the outside, gooey and cheesy on the inside. Great all kinds of dips.
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Fresh Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) Smoked Mozzarella cheese - shredded
- ½ Table Spoon(s) Fresh Thyme - Chopped
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) Black Pepper
- 2 Cup(s) Egg - Seperated
- 3/4 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cup(s) Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Each Egg
- 1 As Needed Oil for frying
- Preheat frying oil to 400 F degrees.
- In medium size mixing bowl add Ricotta, Smoked mozzarella, thyme, salt, pepper and egg yolks.
- Take mixture and put in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take mixture and using a ice cream scoop portion out the round fritters.
- Put back in fridge for a good 20 minutes.
- In one pan add bread crumbs.
- In second pan add left over egg whites and add 1 egg to it and mix.
- In third pan add flour.
- Now take cold fritters and roll individually in flour, then egg and then bread crumbs.
- Repeat this method until all fritters are coated.
- Refrigerate for 20 min. and fry till golden brown.
- Depending on oil temperature and size of fritters you may have to finish cooking fritters in the oven to cook thoroughly.
- To check, use a food thermometer the inside of the fritter should read 160F degrees.
- Serve with a Cold Balsamic Vinaigrette or Marinara.