Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
Date Added: Aug 27, 2010 American Vegetarian
This is an emulsified vinaigrette which is uniquely multi-purpose and delicious. Use as a dressing or top grilled fish and poultry.
- 8 Table Spoon(s) Olive oil, unfiltered
- 3 Each Tomatoes, ripe- peeled and seeded
- 3 Each Shallots, chopped
- 1 ½ Each Garlic Clove, sliced thin
- 1/4 Cup(s) Sherry Vinegar
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Basil Leaves, large
- To Taste Salt, kosher
- To Taste Pepper
- Heat half of the olive oil in small pan over medium heat and add in the tomatoes and shallots
- Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes, then stir in the garlic and fresh basil.
- Again, allow to cook over a medium heat for another minute.
- Take off of the heat and place the mixture in a blender.
- Process for a minute or so on low, then turn the blender to high.
- Next, add the sherry vinegar, salt and pepper as well as the rest of the olive oil.
- Once blended, taste and adjust the seasoning and chill before serving