Date Added: Nov 26, 2010 Asian Appetizers
Dumpling Dough rolled with salt, scallions and sesame oil then pan fried. Great as an appetizer, a side dish or make them smaller to serve as a delicious hors d'oeuvre.
- As Needed Dumpling Dough
- As Needed Kosher Salt
- 6 Table Spoon(s) Scallions, finely chopped
- 6 Tea Spoon(s) Sesame Oil
- 6 Table Spoon(s) Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Portion dumpling dough into 6 ounce pieces.
- Using a Chinese rolling pin or any light rolling pin, roll each piece into a disc like shape.
- Sprinkle some salt over each piece then 1 tablespoon of scallions onto each.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil onto each.
- Roll up each disc then curl together each end to form another round shape (Watch video to see how).
- Use the rolling pin to flatten again, this will make a pancake layered with filling.
- Over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to frying pan.
- fry each pancake separately in oil for 2 - 3 minutes on each side.