Scallop and Crab Meat Sausage
Date Added: Aug 27, 2010 American Appetizers
A truly unique twist on both using scallops and the age old tradition of sausage making. Great for an appetizer or entree. Your guests will love it.
- 3 Pound(s) Scallop Mousse
- 1 Cup(s) Lump Crab Meat
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Chives, chopped
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Butter
- Mix your 3 pound recipe of scallop mousse with 2 table spoons of chives and the cup of crab meat
- Fold them together not to break up the lumps of crab
- Wet your table and place down a 2 to 2.5 foot piece of plastic wrap.
- Place the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe a 1-inch thick line down the plastic wrap leaving 3-4 inches on either end.
- Whap the mousse mixture into a cylinder and secure using butchers twine.
- Using a needle, locate any air pockets and puncture them through the wrap.
- Tie off the tube into sections forming the sausages and poach for 8-10 minutes.
- Be sure to cover the sausage with a towel for even cooking
- Allow to cool in an ice bath, then remove the sausage from its "casing".
- When ready to serve, pan roast the sausage till golden brown and serve hot.