Seared Scallops Appetizer
Date Added: Jan 26, 2010 Asian Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
- 1/4 Pound(s) 2 large or 3 small,Sea Scallops
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) olive oil, for scallops
- To Taste kosher salt (optional)
- ¼ Tea Spoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) vegetable oil, or clarified butter for cooking
- 1 Cup(s) water for blanching spinach leaves
- 5 As Needed tomato cancasse' leaves
- 1 As Needed bunch fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 Cup(s) Plating Sauce (chefs choice)
- Toss scallops in lemon Juice and olive oil, add pinch of salt
- In a saute pan, or flat cooking surface, bring cooking oil up to med to high heat.
- Place flat side of scallops down on the cooking surface.
- Be sure scallops are not sticking to the cooking surface and watch for change of color in the flesh of the scallops. Scallops will begin to change from translucent to opaque as they cook.
- Watch carefully that scallops do not burn, but are cooking to a golden or dark brown.
- Turn scallops as needed.
- In a pan, bring Blanche water up to 160 degrees, just before steam.
- Put spinach leaves in Blanche water and wilt.
- Cover middle of serving plate with wilted spinach leaves, be sure that leaves show top side.
- Put the tomato cancasse leaves around the plate, form a 4 point or 5 point star,
- Place the seared scallops in the center of the star.
- sauce the appetizer.