Shrimp and Grits
Date Added: Mar 24, 2010 American Appetizers
A specialty known on the coast of South Carolina (Charleston & Hilton Head), Sauteed shrimp served with Chef Andarrio's cream based sauce served over grits that can be made in less than 15 minutes.
- ⅝ Tea Spoon(s) OLD BAY
- ⅜ Tea Spoon(s) Lemon pepper
- 1/3 Cup(s) Butter
- ⅛ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- 1 Pinch Parsley
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) Olive oil
- 1 Cup(s) Heavy cream
- 2 Ounce(s) Weight Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Cup(s) Grits
- 12 Ounce(s) Weight Shrimp 26/30
- 4 Cup(s) Water to cook grits
- Cook grits 4 cups of water to 2 cups of grits. Stir grits constantly cook for 5 minutes, add butter, salt stir then cover cut off heat when done.
- Make sure shrimp peeled & Devine tail on season with old bay, lemon pepper, then heat pan Saute shrimp in olive oil until done. approximately 2 minutes on each side
- Add heavy cream to shrimp stir until sauce turn pinkish color.
- Once done place grits on a plate then lay shrimp in circular position on plate pour sauce on top of shrimp add shredded cheddar cheese, and parsley for garnish in center.