Sicilian Style Pizza
Date Added: Mar 3, 2010 Italian Entrees
This is a home style Sicilian Pizza you can make in your home. The sky is the limit on what type of toppings you want to enjoy on this thick crust pizza.
- As Needed Basic Pizza Dough
- 8 Fluid ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Fresh Mozzerella
- 6 Ounce(s) Weight Mozzerella, shredded
- 1 As Needed Topppings (any type you wish)
- 1/3 Cup(s) Parmesean Cheese, grated
- 1 As Needed Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut my pizza dough recipe into 4 portions
- Press the dough into a rectangle or square pan with sides
- Cover with a dry towel and let rest for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in size
- Bake the dough at 20-30 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Loosen the dough from the pan and and assemble with the sauce toppings and cheeses.
- Bake again at 450 degrees until cheese starts to melt.
- If you would like a crispy crust, remove pizza from the pan and cook directly on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Eat and enjoy!