Spicy Mediterranean Salmon Filet
Date Added: Apr 16, 2010 Mediterranean Gluten Free
No Related Video Recipes Available.
A savory salmon dish cooked with fresh peppers and herbs. Bring the taste and smells of the Mediterranean into your kitchen. Can be made spicy or mild. Also good with whole brook trout.
- 6 Each 8 oz. Salmon Filets, cut into 2" pieces
- As Needed Kosher Salt
- 1 Each Red Pepper, chopped
- 3 Each Chili Peppers, chopped
- 1/4 Cup(s) Olive Oil
- 1 Each Tomato, chopped
- As Needed Sea Salt
- For this dish you will a frying pan that will fit all salmon pieces so you can cover and cook. You will also need two bowels, one for salmon and one for the sauce.
- Cut your salmon into 2 inch pieces. Place the salmon in a bowl and salt with sea salt. Allow the salmon to rest on the side while you continue with your next steps.
- Coat frying pan with approximately 1/4 cup olive oil and heat. Chop red peppers into small cubes then Chop chili peppers leaving some seeds for heat. Remember the more seeds the hotter or spicier the dish. Place both in frying pan to saut.
- Making sauce: In a mixing bowl add chopped cilantro crushed garlic curry paprika olive oil and water then whisk.
- Rinse sea salt off the salmon then dip each salmon fillet in the bowl with your sauce until all sides are covered. Add the salmon to the frying pan once the peppers are soft do not let the peppers brown pour remaining sauce over.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn each fillet over after five minutes and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes then cover and cook for another 5 minutes. If water is needed not to burn fish add accordingly. Do not over cook or salmon will get rubbery.