Spring Vegetable Composite Salad
Date Added: May 6, 2010 American Appetizers
No Related Video Recipes Available.
This is a fresh spring salad. Assorted grilled vegetables served with a Dijon Vinaigrette. This grilled vegetable salad is great as a appetizer or a meal.
- 3 Each Shitake Mushroom Caps
- 4 Each Asparagus
- 1 Each Plum Tomato, cut in half
- 2 Each Red Onion Slices, 1/3"
- 3 Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil, for marinade
- 1 To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 1 Pinch Fresh Thyme
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Herbs de Provence
- In salted boiling water, blanch asparagus for 40 seconds then shock in ice water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Season tomato with salt, pepper, olive oil and fresh thyme
- Roast tomato in oven for 45 minutes
- Season the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs de provence
- Grill vegetables on both sides
- Squeeze the Dijon Vinaigrette on the plate in a decorative design
- Arrange the vegetables and serve