Strawberries with Sabayon (Italian Style!)
Date Added: Aug 13, 2010 Italian Desserts
No Related Video Recipes Available.
This Sabayon is a delicate foam of egg yolks, sugar, and sweet wine. Served over Fresh Strawberries and Ice Cream.
- 1 Each Egg Yolk
- 3 Tea Spoon(s) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup(s) Passito di Pantelleria or Marsala Wine
- 1/2 Cup(s) Strawberries, sliced
- 2 Each Vanilla Ice Cream, scoops
- In a sauce pan, add egg yolk, sugar and wine, whisk vigorously
- The mixture will begin to foam and increase in volume
- When the mixture is thickened and foamy it is done
- It should be hot to the touch, about 170 degrees
- Place the ice cream in a bowl or with strawberries
- Pour the rich Sabayon over ice cream