Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Date Added: May 13, 2010 Italian Side dishes
No Related Video Recipes Available.
A delicious appetizer to serve with any meal. Looks complicated but easy to make. Your guests will definitely be impressed.
- 12 Each Large White Cap Mushrooms, washed, stems removed
- As Needed Parmesan Cheese (for garnish)
- Wash mushrooms in cold water and remove stems then place them upside down on a baking sheet.
- Stuffing: Remove defrosted spinach from bag and squeeze out all excess water by pressing it between your hands then set aside in a bowl. In a separate bowl add your beaten eggs then add spinach and blend together.
- Next add small curd cottage cheese and mix. Then add your cheese and mix. After this is complete slowly add your bread crumbs while mixing do not add them all at once. Then add your salt and pepper.
- With a large spoon scoop out mixture and stuff the mushroom creating a doom shape on top. Feel free to top the mushrooms with some extra cheese. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and firm.
- Before serving top with parmesean. Let it rest for about 5 minutes.