Date Added: Mar 23, 2010 Cooking Techniques Desserts
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Sugar basket, sugar straw, and abstract garnish makes a beautiful presentation for plated desserts
- As Needed Isomalt Sugar
- As Needed Food Coloring
- Take Isomlat sugar and place into saute pan on medium heat
- The sugar will start to melt, make sure to watch it, do not walk away
- Once the sugar is melted, add any color food coloring you prefer
- Take pan off the heat and let sugar rest for 2 minutes
- Sugar Basket: take a bowl, spray with non-stick spray. With a fork dip into sugar shake the sugar into the bowl to create a spider web pattern. let cool and unmold
- Sugar Straw: take two wooden handles and place them a foot a part, with a fork dip into sugar and beat the fork back and forth against the two handles to create thin streams of sugar.
- Garnish: take parchement paper or a silpat, take the fork and dip into sugar, swirl sugar into designs onto the parchment paper, let cool and unmold.