Sunday Dinner Roast Chicken
Date Added: Dec 7, 2009 Continental Entrees
This is the best way to roast a chicken. Serve with sauteed carrots, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts.
- 1 Each Whole Chicken, 3 - 4lbs
- 3 Quart(s) Ice
- 3 Quart(s) Water
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Kosher Salt
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Each Lemon, juiced and zested
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, boil enough water to cover a chicken.
- Place chicken in boiling water and cook for 30 seconds.
- Take chicken out of hot water and plunge into bowl of ice water.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Repeat process.
- Let water come to boil again, place chicken into water and cook for 30 seconds.
- Take chicken out of water and plunge into ice bath again, let rest for 2 minutes.
- Take chicken out of ice bath, pat dry with towel.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper, rub with lemon juice and zest.
- Place chicken on pan with wire rack and roast for 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Check with thermometer internal temperature reaches 165 degree.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before carving.