Super Seed Red Cabbage Slaw
Date Added: Sep 20, 2010 American Vegetarian
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Red Cabbage mixed with poppy seeds, sesame seeds and hemp seeds then tossed in oil. High in omega 3's and very easy to assemble. A great side dish that involves no cooking.
- 1 Each Medium Head of Red Cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Sesame Seeds
- 1 Table Spoon(s) Hemp Seeds
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Sesame Oil or Olive Oil
- To Taste Black Pepper
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Salt
- ½ Tea Spoon(s) Chives, minced
- Add cabbage and seeds to a bowl
- Add salt, pepper and oil then toss together
- Add in minced chives
- Top with another bowl then place a heavy object on top of that to press the liquids out of the cabbage
- Leave heavy object on for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, uncover and mix to distribute evenly
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.