Swiss Butter Cream
Date Added: Jan 16, 2011 Scandinavian Baking and Pastry
No Related Video Recipes Available.
Silky and Smooth Butter Cream. Use it as is for vanilla butter cream. Add chocolate or any other flavoring or color to top your favorite cake or cupcake. The crowd will go wild.
- 1 Cup(s) Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup(s) Sugar plus 1 Tablespoon
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Sweetex or Shortening
- 1/2 Pound(s) Butter
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- Over a double boiler, whisk together egg whites and sugar until temperature reaches 105 degrees or is warm to the douch
- Remove from double boiler and add to a mixer
- mix on high speed until tripled in volume, about 10 minutes
- Slowly add vanilla extract then add butter and shortening
- mix for 1 minute then turn off mixer and scrape down sides
- mix for another 5 minutes