Date Added: May 9, 2010 Fusion Gluten Free
Warm Vine Ripened Tomato layered with Goat Cheese and Basil Pesto. Served warm with a delicious Tomato Vinaigrette. This appetizer looks great and taste great. Very simple to prepare and is an elegant looking starter for any dinner party.
- 2 Each Tomatoes, sliced into thirds
- 4 Ounce(s) Weight Goat Cheese, cut into 4 slices, room temp.
- 2 Fluid ounce(s) Basil Pesto
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- As Needed Tomato Vinaigrette
- Spoon the basil pesto on the top of the bottom and middle slice of tomato
- Place the goat cheese slices on top of the pesto then season with salt and pepper
- Reassemble tomato into its original form
- Place tomato on sizzle plate or sheet pan and set aside
- When all components are ready warm up the assembled tomatoes and get ready to plate up
- Heat the tomatoes for 5 minutes, place a good amount of tomato vinaigrette on the bottom of the plate or bowl
- Place warm tomato in center and garnish with basil pesto to accent the tomato vinaigrette
- Served and enjoy