Meatloaf is a wonderful main course to add to your dinner menus, and it's very versatile too. This traditional meatloaf recipe by Chef Amy Beck is easy to prepare but timely to cook and most important the whole family will enjoy it. She takes you back to the basics!
- 1 1/2 Pound(s) Ground beef 90% lean
- 2 Each Whole Eggs
- 1 Each 1 ounce Envelope Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Cup(s) Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/3 Cup(s) Ketchup
- 1 Each 14 oz can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 Each 14 oz can Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In Large mixing bowl add ground beef, eggs, onion soup mix and ketchup.
- mix until all ingredients are blended well.
- Slowly add in breadcrumbs a little at a time until right consistency.
- Form into a rectangular shape and place into casserole dish.
- Put in oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove casserole pan form oven.
- Pour over stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Put casserole pan back in oven for another 25 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.