Date Added: Oct 6, 2010 Italian Entrees
For Veal Spiedini you pound the veal thin and stuff it with Italian cheeses and bread crumbs then sauteed in a brown tomato sauc, finally finish it with a little bit of butter. Serve with risotto, rice or potatoes, a truly decadent Italian meal.
- 2 Each Veal Cutlets, pounded thin
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Bread Crumbs, seasoned
- 4 Each Slices Asiago Cheese
- 2 Tea Spoon(s) Pecorino Romano
- 1 Cup(s) Flour
- 2 Table Spoon(s) Olive Oil
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) White Wine, dry
- 1 Cup(s) Demi Glace
- 4 Fluid ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tea Spoon(s) Butter
- Top each veal cutlet with 1 tablespoon of Pecorino Romano, 2 slices of Asiago and breadcrumbs.
- Roll cutlets tightly.
- Insert toothpick into each cutlet to insure veal is rolled shut.
- Refrigerate for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and dredge lightly in flour.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan until smoking hot.
- Add veal to pan and cook on each side until brown.
- Remove veal from pan, pull pan from flame and deglaze with white wine.
- Scrape up browned bits and let reduce for 5 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks from veal and place veal back in pan.
- Add demi glace and tomato sauce and mix.
- Let reduce for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Taste and season if necessary, finish with butter.